Thursday, January 26, 2012

Peer Editing

So I have mixed feelings about peer reviews.  I used to hate them in junior high and high school because everyone would just say "I loved your paper!" without giving any helpful ideas or tips.  I liked the way we did it in this class, where everyone had to write a number of comments on each page and then in class say something they liked about the paper and something they would change about it.

But despite the not-so-helpful comments you might get, it always helps to have someone read your paper before you turn it in!  They notice things that you don't.

2 comments:

  1. From what I've read on everyone's blogs so far, it seems that none of us are real fans of peer review, but we grudgingly admit that it is somewhat helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It was nice to have comments on each page. It really helped with the revising process.

    ReplyDelete