Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ethos, Pathos, Logos (Pride and Prejudice)

Ethos
(1) "I think it a right thing for every clergyman to set the example of matrimony in his parish."
(2) "it is the particular recommendation of my noble patroness Lady Catherine de Bourgh!"

Pathos
(1) "your modesty adds to your other perfections..."
(2) "...your wit and vivacity..."

Logos
(1) "...I am, to inherit all this estate after the death of your father..."
(2) "My dear Miss Elizabeth, my situation in life, my connection with the noble family of de Bourgh, are circumstances highly in my favor."

3 comments:

  1. Good quotations. It would also be helpful to have included a brief description connecting each quotation to the specific appeal you have attached them to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quotes were awesome. It would have been helpful if you had put your reasoning behind choosing them and putting them in the certain categories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your use of quotes and I agree with where you put them as far as under ethos, pathos, and logos. I would have liked to see why you put them under each category.

    ReplyDelete